Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Yo #Brummies: There is no UK in Alabama.


click here for soundtrack to the reading of things




It seems like every time I turn around, even when I post frequent reminders, warnings, corrections etc, there are a number of posts directing users in our groups to go see a show in places like, Barnet, Hackney, Harrow or Enfield. 
Now, I try to be polite because the founders of our area were, well, not all that creative about names. It doesn't help that we have a Leeds right outside of Birmingham. 
How can I get frustrated at the Brummies for failing to notice the USA or AL dropped at the end of all of our stolen names? 
But try as I might, I just can't help getting a bit miffed each time I come back and see the same people posting the same things in the same groups for shows in the same places across the damn ocean. I know we in Alabama have a reputation for not being big on reading. But please....Brummies, check yourself and check the locations.
http://birminghammusicnews.blogspot.com/p/bfp-social-media-groups.html
https://soundcloud.com/groups/birmingham-freepress-music
The distance is a little over 4000 miles from Birmingham Alabama to Birmingham England. So you'll excuse the frequent RSVPs. I really thank you for the use of your names. And, since they were yours first, I guess that's just what we get. 
Here are some random music shares from Birmingham or the surrounding areas, of....Alabama, USA.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment